Are you an expert in digital issues, civil liberties or campaigning?
ORG is recruiting people to our Advisory Council. This is made up of tech, legal, campaigning and political experts who share our values and campaign goals for digital rights and a free and open Internet. As an Advisory Council member, you will be asked to give ORG advice about a range of issues. Past and present Advisory Council members also help us elect one third of our Board.
This year, we are looking for people with the following policy expertise and skills:
• Privacy experts, in data protection, surveillance laws and digital privacy
• Free expression experts, as we prepare for government attempts to control online speech
• People with a legal background
• Experts in the Brexit process
• People with a strong background in copyright reform
• Campaigners, including people with grassroots and local organising experience
• People with experience in FOI, Subject Access Requests, media work
• Journalists and investigative journalists
• People with senior political contacts in the Labour, Lib Dem and Conservative parties
We particularly welcome nominations from or proposing women and people of colour.
This is your chance to help ORG be the most expert and forward thinking digital civil liberties organisation in the UK. Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 September 2017.