ORG wants you to help tell people across the UK about the dangers of mass government surveillance, profiling and data mining for supposed criminal suspects. Everyone - whether suspects or everyday citizen - will have their communications data stored.
Help fight back against the Snooper's Charter!
Open Rights Group supporters have put together a series of public events around the UK, where you can find out about the current state of the draft Bill, and how we can kill it.
We'll be open to your ideas, so come along and help us build the campaign across the country.
Now is a critical moment, as Parliament reports and the Government will soon decide whether to go ahead with the draft.
What we will do
- Brief you on the draft Bill
- Provide you with draft campaign materials, free leaflets and campaign tools
- Network you with people in your local area who will help us all to defeat the Bill
- Ask you for your ideas
If you Join ORG this month and book your place at this training session you will also receive an ORG t-shirt to be collected at the event, as well as the new member pack at a later date. This is to celebrate our ORG Law Fund, a drive to fund a legal position and expand ORG's work.
- Edinburgh: Wednesday, November 21, 2012
- Glasgow: Thursday, November 22, 2012
- London: Saturday, November 24, 2012 (with Index on Censorship)
- Cardiff: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
- Bristol: Thursday, November 29, 2012
- Newcastle: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
- Sheffield: Thursday, November 29, 2012
- Brighton: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
- Manchester: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
- Birmingham: Thursday, December 6, 2012