Jim Killock, Executive Director of the Open Rights Group said:
"Today Cameron is appearing at the Levenson Inquiry, and at the same time the government is releasing its plans to snoop on the Internet. This is a very bad sign that they want to 'bury bad news'."
ORG has convened an emergency briefing with Privacy International and Big Brother Watch for MPs and journalists in Committee Room 18 at Parliament at 2pm to discuss the proposals.
ORG is also running campaign training events across the country.
- London, Wednesday, 20 June 2012
- Edinburgh, Saturday, 23 June 2012
- Manchester, Wednesday, 27 June 2012
- Sheffield, Thursday, 28 June 2012
- Birmingham, Wednesday, 4 July 2012
- Bristol, Saturday, 7 July 2012